For a unique place, highly rated and well known luxury resort located on Zanzibar island, we are looking for the position of Financial Manager. This position ensures the accuracy, consistency and timeliness of the financial reporting and accounting functions, directs preparation of the budget and implementation and control of all activities related to the financial aspects of the hotel in a compliance with both the local tax laws and hotel’s SOP’s.
Key areas of responsibility
• Maintain, review, and innovate complex hotel reporting system.
• Ensure financial analysis, reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and control functions of the hotel are prepared correctly, accurately, and in accordance with standards, meeting deadlines.
• Ensure that the hotel’s IT systems (PMS, ERP, POS) and its data are fully utilized, well safeguarded, and properly maintained.
• Maintain, review and update company’s finance policies and procedures manual and ensure that the accounting staff understands and follows them.
• Ensure working capital, cash control, and prepare cash flow forecasts.
• Ensure that all balance sheet accounts, are properly reconciled on a timely basis and safeguard assets by creating and maintaining sound internal control systems.
• Work closely with all departments to come up with solutions to systems and control problems.
• Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist and advise hotel management in maintaining the financial objectives.
• Hire, motivate and maintain control over department and team.
• Co-operate efficiently with hotel management team and the group management team.
• Develop key relationships with hotel department heads to provide financial support and understanding of financial plans.
Other areas of responsibility:
• safekeep and update of all legal documentation relating to the financial status of the hotel etc.,
• maintain relationships with relevant banks and insurance companies,
• facilitate external audit, participate in group audit and consolidated reporting preparation,
• liaise with the local tax authorities, both individually and along with General Manager and group finance team.
• minimum 3 years of relevant experience – controller, assistant director of finance etc. ideally in multi outlet hospitality property,
• proven track of Team leading expertise, knowledge of ORACLE (FIDELIO/OPERA PMS, MICROS POS, MC) is an advantage,
• excellent financial/business analytical, communication & decision-making skills,
• strong Financial knowledge – ACCA or similar certification is an advantage,
• a full understanding of financial operating systems, reporting and procedure,
• strong knowledge of MS Applications mainly Excel,
• knowledge of back office or accounting systems,
• perfect English, both oral and written (+ Czech will be welcome).
• minimum 2 years contract;
• annual Performance Bonus;
• annual leave 25 days;
• accommodation, lodging, car, work permit and international health insurance;
• public holidays according to Zanzibar calendar;
• flight ticket: 1x / year (negotiable);
• + 1 person / accommodation (negotiable).
If it sounds good for you and you can meet mentioned requirements, we would be happy to share more with you. Thank you for sending us your CV in English : firstname.lastname@example.org , Dream Job Agency.