We are looking for a strong hands on leader that has managed a multi-cultural team to join an important role within the management of 5* luxury resort as a new Executive Chef. The resort is a place made for well-being life style on sunny Zanzibar island offers the highest level of services for their guests. It is also a great social responsible project focus on deep support, cooperation and respect to local community, it has 3 outlets and hosts a number of weddings annually as well.
Apply for the position and bound your career with this challenging role!:)
• Perform and set the highest standards in food preparations and presentation, create menu/concept of cuisine
• Administartive tasks realated to dpt., budget, food cost control, complies with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards,
• Ensuring together with purchasing that the best high quality produce in a very seasonal environment is purchased,
• Lead by example (40 colleagues) - motivation, coaching and training staff will be a daily requirement, developing young local talents,
• Contribute to the success of the resort through an effective collaboration with the Resort Manager and the other dpt.
• culinary education, 5+ years of proven relevant experience, knowledge of 5* standards,
• experience in high end buffets, beach lunches and dinners, BBQ’s and fine dining required,
• strong administrative skills to write , create and implement menu’s and control food cost,
• following culinary trends and best practices, knowledge of the specifics of island resorts is preferred,
• excellent communication and leadership skills, working knowledge of various computer software programs,
• out of the box thinking, hands-on attitude and proactivity is very appreciated,
• flexibility, open to relocate, single status, perfect English is the must (+ Czech would be an advantage).
• attractive remuneration and complete relocation package,
• personal development and an interesting carrer challenge.