For a beach hotel placed in Gambia, we are searching for an experienced Maintenance Manager. The hotel offers 250 rooms, 4* standards, many beach activities and really beautiful surrounding.
Who we are looking for:
• Tertiary qualifications at degree or diploma level in engineering or equivalent discipline from a university or technical institution.
• Qualifications in marine engineering, mechanical engineering or a related discipline are desirable.
• Qualifications are preferred at a professional level and it would be expected that the successful candidate holds relevant technical and trade endorsements with necessary licensing.
• Minimum of 7 years managerial experience in a senior technical role, preferably as Chief Engineer in a Service Sector Institution (hotel of more than 200 rooms, hospital, etc).
• Exposure of minimum of 5 years to a combination of mechanical and electrical trades within hotels, hospitals or similar institutions in the service sector.
• Exposure of minimum 3 years in a Service Sector Institution outside The Gambia.
• Computer literate with excellent knowledge of the use of MS Excel & MS Word.
• Familiar with energy management implementation and complex control systems.
• Sound knowledge of building services including large air conditioning systems, boilers, plumbing and electrical systems.
• Additionally, knowledge of fire systems, TV and sound systems is desirable.
• It is expected that the successful candidate will have had exposure to senior management responsibilities including the preparation of budgets and inputting into senior executive deliberations on the profitable operation of a service business.
• The successful candidate would need to be able to write specifications and analyse tender documents.
• Good project management skills are a necessity, as is, people management; training abilities, change management and policy implementation.
• International experience in an engineering capacity (preferable as Chief or Assistant Chief Engineer) is expected.
• A commercially oriented thinker who will be an active contributor to management deliberations, focussing in on the more efficient and profitable operation of the hotel.
• An effective communicator and able to motivate and lead the engineering team.
• Have been exposed to senior management responsibilities with total accountability for the operation of a significantly sized technical department.
• An effective trainer and able to develop staff such that continuity planning is catered for.
• To have effective negotiation skills and be able to deal with external contractors and consultants in such a way that the interests of the hotel are always optimised.
• Needs to be an effective administrator and able therefore to maintain records and an effective secretarial function.
• As a leader, he will need to possess the necessary drive to introduce philosophies at the grassroots level.
• Have a strong service orientation beyond the focus of technical requirements. There needs to be a definite guest orientation and an interest in the broader hospitality standards.
• Be a disciplined and analytical thinker who is an effective planner and able to communicate in correspondence and reports effectively.
• Ensure industrial harmony within the area of responsibility and contribute to committees dealing with quality control, delivery standards, fire and safety and workplace health and safety.
• There needs to be a commitment to a set of ethical policies and practices that are in keeping with the engineering professional code of conduct.
• Stable & permanent position with a leading hotel in The Gambia with provoking salary & working conditions for the right candidate,
• Member of the Executive.
• Position available immediately.
• Relocation package, salary 5000 Dollars net per month.