For a well known luxury resort on Zanzibar island, owned by the established Czech investment company, we are looking for the position of Head of Engineering dpt. This role is made for experienced technical professional - someone who is ready to become a valuable part of the management supporting people working with a commitment and passion in a fast paced environment. The position will be oriented on overseeing all operations of technical and maintenance area.
Duties and responsibilities:
• leading role of engineering & maintenance department in order to achieve smooth and sustainable operation of all hotel installation,
• draw up and follow up of preventive and predictive maintenance plan,
• draw up opex and capex budget including regular evaluation and reconciliation in cooperation with financial department,
• set up team structure including regular KPI (team of approx. 4 foreigners and 30 local employees),
• daily cooperation and coordination with heads of other hotel departments,
• service contracts administration including regular service works provided by international sub-contractors,
• regular audits of all MEP installation and technologies including written reporting to general manager and head office
• highlight and prioritize urgent matters and issues in order to anticipate any serious technical issues, damages, financial loss or injuries,
• interfaced with project design architects, MEP contractors and service organization,
• application of Health and Safety measures.
• min 5 years’ professional experience (hotel industry preferable but not conditional),
• leadership and managerial skills, familiar with busy international environement,
• knowledge and experience with MEP and Architecture works and installations (technical education preferable),
• communication in English language (written and spoken) + Czech language would be an advantage,
• willing to relocate to Zanzibar with all specifics of the island´s life and respect of community culture.
We can offer:
• 2 years contract (minimum), adequate managerial salary depends on proven experience,
• relocation/accomodation package - lodging, car, work permit and international health insurance,
• annual Performance Bonus, annual leave 25 days,
• public holidays according to Zanzibar calendar, flight ticket: 1x / year (negotiable),
• challenging career opportunity, friendly atmopshere within the great working environement.
If you are ready for this kind of challenging role, we are looking forward to your applications including CV in ENGLISH submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com