For our client, a luxury hotel brand in Tanzania, we are looking for an experienced Front Office Manager who will assist the Operations Manager in delivering the brand promise by managing the Front Office operations for the hotel, including, but not limited to, Front Desk, Front Service (including parking and the hotel entrance), Communications Centre, Concierge, and Driver.
Key areas of responsibility
- To prepare and update the Front Office Departmental Operations Manual.
- To conduct regular communication meetings.
- To ensure that all Front Office employees provide exceptional guest service.
- To assist the Guest Services Manager in greeting and checking in VIP and long-stay guests.
- To handle all guest and internal customer complaints.
- To personally and consistently assure that guests are receiving the best possible service.
- To spend time in Front Office areas continually to ensure that the areas are managed well.
- To maximize employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking, and flexible scheduling to meet the business's financial goals.
- To maximize room sales and revenues for the hotel through yield management, upselling, and inventory management initiatives, working closely with the relevant Heads of Department and Front Office employees.
- To prepare an Annual Business Plan and update monthly forecasts.
- To assist in preparing, utilizing, and updating an annual Marketing Plan.
- To monitor Room standards in general and control room keys.
- To ensure that public areas are clean and up to standard.
- To work closely with the Housekeeping and Engineering Departments
- To study the Consumer Audit results and analyze, propose, and implement changes.
- To be aware of new market trends and service(s).
- To assist in the recruitment and selection of all Front Office employees.
- To oversee the punctuality and appearance of all front-office employees.
- To plan and implement effective training programs.
- To develop the skills and effectiveness of all Front Office employees through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
- To authorize weekly work schedules, making sure that they reflect business needs.
- To provide feedback on the results of the Employee Engagement Survey and ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 5 years previous experience as Front Office Manager
- Perfect English communication skills.
- The ability to produce high-quality work in a consistent and reliable manner in support of hotel standards and processes.
- The ability to identify priorities, solve problems, produce desired results, and be accountable for commitments.
- Listening actively and identifying appropriate messages and delivery methods to influence others effectively.
- Hands-on approach, ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks.
What can we offer?
- Informal company culture of established international brand, comfortable working environment.
- Full-time permanent contract type and competitive salary.
- Visa for 2 years, accommodation, free meals, and air tickets.
If it sounds good to you and you can meet the mentioned requirements, we would be happy to share more with you!
Thank you for sending us your CV in English: email@example.com.