For a brand-new ambitious project, an American-style fine dining steakhouse in Munich, we are looking for a professional "Sommelier/Head waiter". This position would be a perfect opportunity for an energetic and communicative candidate with an extensive knowledge of wines & spirits and a perfect customer service skill. German as a native language is a must as well as an accreditation or an equivalent course corresponding with sommelier´s duties. Experience from an international hotel or from the similar role within the hospitality/gastronomy industry is required, practice from abroad would be an advantage. Our client is an international company that will open soon a stylish restaurant by popular concept already established in Prague.
Sommelier/Head waiter will be responsible for:
• creating and updating the wine list that pair with the menu,
• managing wine cellar, controlling of an alcohol inventory,
• direct recommending wine varieties focused on personal tastes and guest´s food choice,
• organising wine tasting evening or special events,
• wine service staff´s training to provide the best level of service and proactive up-selling,
• assistance in server duties and cooperation in hiring processes,
• controlling costs and quality of inventory,
• providing a suitable assortment of wines and beverages,
• managing purchase and communication with suppliers,
• cooperation with an Executive Chef on "final touch" of the menu in accordance with the wine list,
• active communication with guests, business partners and colleagues.
• German as a native language and perfect English,
• Sommelier accreditation or an adequate professional course (degree in a hospitality is a plus),
• enthusiastic knowledge of wines&spirits,
• previous experience on the similar F&B position at least 3 years (practice from abroad is an advantage),
• orientation in a competitive environment and local market will be a great advantage,
• general financial overview (beverage costs, calculation),
• proficient in POS system,
• ability to resolve unexpected problems efficiently,
• communication and leadership skills.
What do we offer:
• opportunity to become an important part of the new project,
• professional creative freedom of the wine&spirits offer,
• strong and stable company background,
• possibility to a personal development,
• competitive salary and a stable company background.
We are looking forward to an interesting CV of the right "wine expert" and please, don´t be hesitate to contact us for future details via email firstname.lastname@example.org!. Thank you, Dream Job.
For inspiration, see below more details in the presentation of the company. Coming soon ...FINAL CONCEPT GPS pdf